Extra cleaning tips to sell your home quickly
For a fast sale home you surely need to make sure all is clean and cleared from trash. If I wanted to sell my house quickly I for sure get some friends around and would start with decluttering and cleaning at a high speed. Besides, check out some of my best home cleaning and arranging tips, as cleaning is one of the most important tasks which you will need to get done before starting to sell your home.
- Waxed wooden floors work very well with clear white walls and they have an awesome space creating effects too.
- If you have tiles make sure they are cleaned professionally, but always make sure they are not slippery. In care they are buy some additional fitting carpets to cover the riskier places and warn your visitors about it in advance.
- Pay special attention to the cleanness of furniture, the corners also on the floor and on the ceiling because that's where any dirt, dust or spider webs are the most visible.
- Make sure the space in-between the windows and the curtain holder is clean. This is another forgotten space which many forget to clean.
- If you don't have time to do a comprehensive cleaning I'd rather you hire a professional cleaning group, who would clean your windows and all the flat. Rather pay an additional sum if they can also clean your carpets and textile furniture.
- Make sure the insides of cupboards and wardrobes are clean especially if these are empty spaces (make sure you empty most of the home before starting to sell it and only keep what you really need in the home).
- All storage spaces should be cleaned and mostly empty, to show off their storage capacity.
- This also refers to the garage. Most viewers want to see the garage too, therefore it's not the best place to store everything before moving.
- Clean your garden or yard area of leaves, trash and any other unwanted items such as dried out plants and gardening supplies leftovers and make sure the whole place is clean and friendly.
- Keep the windows open before Open House so that the fresh air inside can be as clean as possible.
- Have your carpets, textile and curtains cleaned. These can absorb and store an incredible amount of dust, which can be felt in the air too.
- Make sure your radiators are cleaned, because they also have the ability to absorb and store tons of dust and even spider webs.
- Have all the mirrors as clean as possible
- Put fresh towels in the bathroom and make it look like more of a hotel bathroom by packing out all the used and stored items (you can also hide them in some attractive looking boxes).
- Kitchen counters do count some of the most when it comes to selling a home. If you have a layered counter and your current layer looks bad, get a new layer on it to make sure it looks as good as a new one.
- Put all the dishes away, clean the sink and the dishwasher as well.
Remember, visitors will do a detailed inspection and your home will get one giant minus point whenever someone manages to find anything uneven, dirty or used so it's best to prevent this to happen. If you don't have time for a meticulous cleaning rent a cleaning company to do it for you.